Monday, January 5, 2015

Goodbye, Holidays!

The party is over folks... the holidays have come and gone.  I'm hoping that I don't get slammed with a serious case of the post-holiday blues; we had alot going on throughout the entire month of December and I just don't know if I can go back to "regular" life.

In addition to Baby O arriving on the first of December, my mother-in-law was here for the entire month to help out and she flew back home on Sunday.  We had friends over for a potluck holiday dinnershowed our visiting guests around Denver, and, celebrated Christmas in our own home.  I think it's a holiday we'll be talking about for a long time.


I won't lie, there were moments where I wanted my house back all to myself, but now that the fun is over and our house is quiet again, I know I'll be looking at the photos I took over the last month and be wishing that I could do it all over again.

We got some good snow throughout December!

Most of the time, the kitchen was in some state of mess.  But somehow, miraculously, every night, the kitchen was cleaned up and spotless (no picture of that, but trust me, it was clean every night).

Other parts of the house were very "lived" in.  Can you count the number of baby items in this room alone?

And we started new traditions.  Our first gingerbread house.  Ever.

Do you feel blue after the holidays are over?  Does anyone have a good recovery plan that I should try?


6 comments:

  1. Super cute gingerbread house! You guys did a great job. I'm always a little sad after the holidays, but this year I decided to get organized and come up with a cleaning and organizing plan. It makes me feel good to have a plan! (yes, I'm a total dork!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie -- the gingerbread house perfection is all thanks to the grandmas who made it happen... I like the idea of focusing on something new to distract oneself from the holiday blues.

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling! December was so crazy around here. I am actually looking forward to a few quiet weeks. I've really been contemplating and planning for 2015 which I think has helped keep the post-holiday blues at bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - your holidays sounded crazier than mine, what with you trying to fit everything into that week your husband was home. I hope you're over that cold you mentioned catching!!

      Delete
  3. I think that we do so much during the holiday season that I look forward to the down time that the post holiday brings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downtime has definitely been much appreciated by me, now that everyone has gone. I did miss the hustle and bustle in our home, but now I can focus on bonding with Baby O and getting our nursing schedule down!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...