Friday, January 30, 2015

Ski Day?

This weekend we are hoping to make a daytrip up to the mountains.  Since the Broncos aren't in the playoffs, we've decided that we can skip watching the Superbowl this year, and we're hoping that the ski slopes will be a little less crowded because of it.

I'm not planning on doing any skiing or snowboarding this weekend.  I'm perfectly happy to sit slopeside with a hot chocolate, my baby, and maybe an audiobook.  

Almost one year ago, we were also up in the mountains!  That weekend, we learned that kids need to be potty trained before you can enroll them in ski school.  Oops!  We're hoping to enroll the toddler this weekend so that hubby can do a little snowboarding and I can hang out in a coffee shop or spot facing the mountains.

We're hoping it all works out.

Last year, when we found out we couldn't sign our son up for ski school, we decided to buy lift tickets anyway, and take turns snowboarding: while one of us watched the toddler, the other would go up for 2-3 runs, and then we'd switch.

That was the plan -- and it didn't work out so well...

But it's not going to keep us from trying again.  Here are a few shots from last year's trip.

Pictures: The drive up // serious snowfall // checking out the ski rack // operation-get-toddlers-on-skis (FAIL) // my view resting two-thirds of the way down the mountain





Are you planning on watching the Superbowl this weekend or do you have other exciting plans?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great ski day!! We will be heading to a friend's house for the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun!! I'm sure you'll be posting some great eats!!

      Delete
  2. I'll probably watch some of the Super Bowl but I'm not too interested in the teams playing...but I guess I don't have anything else to do! I love all of your snow pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we weren't going skiing, that's probably what we would've done, put on the SuperBowl and eaten some Superbowl fare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...