Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Return to Paleo


It's time to return to eating Paleo.

Seriously.  I've been mentally psyching myself up for an entire week.  After all, February marks my one year anniversary of when I started eating Paleo!  I gave myself a bit of a break during my pregnancy, especially during the first trimester.  It was too hard to not eat some carbs (read = crackers) as I had the worst morning sickness.

So the plan was hatched: I was supposed to get back on the Paleo bandwagon on February 1, and then I realized that that was Super Bowl Sunday.

So I told myself I would start on Monday.  February 2.  It didn't quite happen.

So here we are, I have to share my eats from Tuesday.  Thank you, Jenn, and the What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) link-up!  I finally found some motivation to kick me in the pants and get me moving in that direction.


Breakfast: omelet with red & yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, bacon, and avocado

Lunch: salad with leftover roasted chicken

Dinner: leftover paleo crockpot meatballs with zoodles (zucchini noodles)

Snacks: berry smoothie with protein powder; roasted mixed nuts; strawberries & blueberries (with a bit of cream -- yeah, yeah, not Paleo, I know)



I've been combing the web for new Paleo recipes (who couldn't use some new ideas) and Yuliya from Welcome to Mommyhood saved me the trouble by providing this awesome roundup of Paleo blogs!  Check 'em out if you're looking for some Paleo inspiration!

Do you have a favorite blog that you go to for Paleo recipes?  Please share, even if they are already listed on Yuliya's post!

18 comments:

  1. Talk to me about zoodles! As a non-zucchini eater, I am afraid to try them. Does the sauce and/or seasonings dominate flavor-wise? And thanks for sharing that meatball recipe - I am always on the hunt for new meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, I'm not much of a zucchini eater, either. The only other way I'll eat them (sparingly at that) is if they're sliced really thin and grilled. Zoodles don't have much flavor (unless you cook 'em with a lot of flavor like olive oil or butter and some garlic) so I find they are a good compliment to any red sauce or buttery sauce. I've eaten my zoodles with marinara sauce and shrimp scampi.

      Oh and about that meatball recipe -- I am going to make it again but tweak the seasonings. As in MORE seasonings in the meatballs... and I'm not sure what to add to the marinara, but it needs a little oomph, too.

      Delete
  2. You may not of started when you originally planned for, but your on it now! Good for you. I'm looking forward to seeing more paleo meals. Always such a great inspiration to try new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I also get my inspiration by looking at what other people are eating and the recipes the share. I'll definitely share some soon!

      Delete
  3. I've never done paleo as I'm vegetarian, but I could definitely take a page out of that book and go for a little less sugar in my life right now!! Always happy to see your posts with healthy food, they always inspire me to at least *try* to eat a bit more healthily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not realize you were vegetarian, despite all the awesome photos you are always posting. How did I miss that?

      Going for a little less sugar is really hard for me but when I do it, it really pays off in the weight maintenance department.

      Delete
  4. Paleo or not, cream and berries are a winning combo! I say I eat 'mostly' paleo, but I really will never be able to commit to it - to be fair, I know cutting out some foods 100% simply doesn't improve my life enough to warrant it! You do what you can - and a 'mostly' paleo diet does me pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my goal is to get back to 80/20 Paleo... I don't eat Paleo 100% of my meals. Glad to hear that 'mostly' Paleo works for you, too!

      Delete
  5. I really might need to try those zoodles!! They would be perfect for my low carb days! The whole meal, meatballs and sauce, all looks so delicious! Great job getting back into paleo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend the zoodles enough! We bought our spiralizer three years ago and even though we only use the appliance for zoodles (there is so much more you can make with the spiralizer), it has been a great investment.

      Delete
  6. I really might need to try those zoodles!! They would be perfect for my low carb days! The whole meal, meatballs and sauce, all looks so delicious! Great job getting back into paleo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love PaleOMG for paleo recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not Paleo, but I love the premise of eating real foods...and your food and recipes are always fantastic! Zoodles are becoming a staple in our weekly meal planning...so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with you! I'm really enjoying watching your cookbook challenge and hearing about new recipes you've been trying.

      Delete
  9. If you still want to eat dairy without fear of someone saying "That's not paleo" look into primal eating: it's paleo + dairy. Mark Sisson, from Mark's Daily Apple, is THE primal guy. If you sign up for his newsletter, you get a bunch of free e-books, including two primal cookbooks. I love primal eating, and Mark Sisson's approach to life.

    I also love Nom Nom Paleo and The Domestic Man for paleo blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle for all the recommendations! I'll look into them!

      Delete
  10. The omelet looks really good :) I am always impressed by your variety of healthy choices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...