Monday, February 9, 2015

Time for a Break

Hey friends, I've decided it's time for me to take a little hiatus from blogging.

I've been burning the candle from both and ends and we all know how that turns out.  After some reflection this weekend, I decided I need to take a break from SuperSmartMama so that I can focus my energies on some key areas of my life that need a little extra attention:

Child #1
Bottom line?  I need to spend more time with this cutie.  He's my first kid and he knows it.  Spoiled with mama's love, now he has to watch me spend all my time with Baby O and I'm still working on the right formula to find time so that we can hang out on our own at least a couple of times a week.


Child #2
Baby O is now sleeping great at night (knock on wood!); the other night she set a new record, sleeping for 6 hours straight (whoo hoo!), but she is still a terror during the day.  If I'm not holding her in my arms or in a sling, she will cry.  Driving in the car doesn't do it, and walking her in the stroller is only a  50-50 guarantee.  So I'm hanging in there hoping maturity will fix the problem.  We continue to work on tummy time and getting her interested in her activity mat, because I'm thinking that once she's more interested in the world than always being with me, I can set her down for more than 5 minutes before she has a meltdown.

Exercise
We bought a new BOB to replace our old BOB and I'm hoping this baby will allow me to get out there and start running!!  Related to Baby O not wanting to be set down for more than 5 minutes at a time, I need her to be happy sitting (or sleeping) on her own during the day so that I can pop in a yoga DVD or ride the spin bike in our basement.  Anything so I can get some endorphins during the day, you know?!

Friends
Having moved twice in the last three years, I write a lot of letters.  Just finding the time to send out Valentine's Day cards this year was a real challenge, but I get such joy out of sending out special notes to my friends who don't live in Colorado.  Plus, we're finally making friends IN Colorado which means alot of playdates.  The other night we hosted pizza & movies for the kids at our house, which can take time to put together (but totally worth it).

Be back in a bit!
I'll still be around, reading all of your blogs and keeping up with how the world turns for you.  I just won't be posting here for a short while.  I'm thinking a week or two should help me get my groove back.  When I can, I'll still be sharing a bit of what's going on with me on Instagram so feel free to follow me there!

19 comments:

  1. I'll miss reading your updates, but that's totally understandable - there is of course a world beyond blogging haha. Anyway, enjoy your break :) and your kids are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuliya - day one went fairly well! I got some exercise, spent time with child #1 and have discovered that Baby O *does* like her pacifier (wasn't the case a week ago).

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your break and the time with the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! Keep up the running and cooking!

      Delete
  3. What a good mommy you are to realize when you need to step back a bit! Good luck with your 'time off' and enjoy your time catching up on life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Some days, when I'm juggling both kids because the husband is out of town, I think about you and your three young kids and wonder how YOU do it!

      Delete
  4. My 10 month old was/is the same way. Now that she's crawling and playing a lot more on her own, I can sit her down and get some things done, but you couldn't pay me to go back to the those first few months.

    Jen@jpabstfitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Jen for the encouragement. I hope that by 6 months she's sitting up and she will enjoy playing with some of her toys. I agree that the 9-12 month phase is the best as they're starting to get more physical (pulling themselves up) and you can let them sit and play a bit.

      I can't wait!!

      Delete
  5. Take all the time away as you need. We'll be waiting for you when you decide to come back xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie -- I'm so impressed that you continue to blog with your twin girls!!

      Delete
  6. I will miss your posts, but totally understand the need to take a break! Enjoy the extra time with those adorable kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I'm enjoying following you and all that snow on IG!

      Delete
  7. Your children are so beautiful, I cant imagine how busy you stay though. You need to enjoy some quiet time where you don't feel like you have to do anything. I tend to take breaks myself when I super busy months at work, it's very hard to keep up. I can't wait till you can start getting some runs in :) I want to hear about it! I am feeling like I may never get back to running, but I know i will. I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I hope that I will be able to share news about getting into running soon enough!!

      Delete
  8. I think you've more than earned some time to yourself!! We'll all be here when you get back :) For now, enjoy time with those gorgeous kids of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophie, thanks, and keep posting those photos of your new hometown!

      Delete
  9. Enjoy that break mama! Sounds like you have some wonderful things keeping your hands full <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! You continue to be my idol, blogging five days a week with your two beautiful (and small) girls!

      Delete
  10. Enjoy your break time - you absolutely deserve it!! I'll be sure to follow you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...