Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Comfort Foods

It's Wednesday!  Time to come clean on what I've been eating this week...I guess I better clean up my act.  In all seriousness, I love WIAW because it keeps me honest and encourages me to eat healthy (although I do love a good dose of dark chocolate on a regular basis).

This week has gotten away from me, so I'll keep today's post strictly to food.  Here's what I noshed on this past Tuesday.  Thanks to Meghan from Clean Eats, Fast Feets for hosting this week's WIAW!!

Breakfast: I know my day is starting off right when both kids are still asleep and I can make breakfast and enjoy a little blogging and sipping my tea in complete silence.  Breakfast was two fried eggs, avocado on toast, and some tea with honey.  And don't forget the two monitors, one for each child...



Morning beverages: I couldn't get enough hot drinks in me on Tuesday: Mother's Milk tea (for nursing) with breakfast, a decaf latte from my beloved Nespresso machine an hour after breakfast, and then a decaf mocha just before my 11am walk with Baby O.

Lunch: leftover chicken chili with sour cream and green onions. Sooooo delicious: spicy, savory, and then a dollop of creaminess on top.  The perfect meal after a walk out in some windy weather.  I was completely windblown when I returned to the house.

Afternoon snack: I had some apple slices with almond butter and completely forgot to take a photo.  Oops!

Dinner: I made a layered taco salad for dinner.  I tried this recipe and I was pretty pleased!  Hubby's going to be working late the next two nights, and I figured the taco salad ingredients (leftovers) could be reinvented Wednesday and Thursday as quick meals for myself.  Or...I could just have the same exact salad.  And maybe the next time, I'll add some sour cream on top or a couple of tortilla chips for crunch.

I find foods that are a bit spicy comforting (chicken chili, taco salad).  What's your idea of comfort food?

12 comments:

  1. I love eating eggs for breakfast. I know I'm suppose to be focusing on the food, but I can't get over your beautiful tulips. We have a few weeks yet before ours come out so I'll have to live vicariously though you until then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that my tulips are local, but I'm going to bet they're not. We've only lived in Colorado for two years but I've already learned from last spring, that it's no good planting anything until May. :-)

      Delete
  2. i have really been wanting a Nespresso lately, and your latte looks so lovely that now I really want one! I will dropping not-so-subtle hints about this to my husband before my birthday this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much an espresso lover and not so much a coffee love, so the Nespresso is perfect for me.

      Delete
  3. Yumm, all that avocado! I am seriously craving something Tex-Mex for dinner now, that salad is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - I think Mexican and Tex-Mex is all I want these days. Over the weekend I made chili and now the taco salad. I think a nacho binge is next...

      Delete
  4. Yes! Alll those foods look so good (And similar to my eats). Thanks for sharing your eats. Love documenting mine and seeing everyone’s WIAWs:)
    For comfort food I like sweet potatoes, cookies, oatmeal - soft, warm delicious foods :) And sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those comfort foods all sound wonderful. I love sweet potatoes!

      Delete
  5. I love the Mothers Milk Tea too- I drink it almost every day! I through brewers yeast in my smoothies too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea on the brewers yeast...that's easier than baking up a batch of lactation cookies.

      Delete
  6. Those look good!! Did you marinate your avocados in something? Also, dark chocolate is healthy, don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise....it's lower in sugar, has antioxidants, and releases serotonin in the brain. Better to have a square or two, than not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you wondering about the avocados on my toast? They were a little overripe (so a little dark) and I put salt and pepper on them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...