Thursday, March 19, 2015

Fitbit, Chocolate, and Books

Wow, how is it Thursday already?  I'm not complaining, it's just that by Thursday, I've usually got my weekend all planned out and so far -- no solid plans.  I better get moving on that.  This Thursday, I'm linking up my collection of random thoughts with Amanda's Thinking Out Loud party.  And please...leave me with some random thoughts of your own!


Fitbit Challenges

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but part of the reason I haven't given the weekend a single thought is that I'm too focused on my Fitbit challenge this week:

For once, I'm actually near the top of the leaderboard!  Of course, I've been busting my butt to get outside and walk the baby so that I can keep my step count up.  

There are different challenges with the Fitbit: a daily challenge, a weekly challenge, a weekend challenge.  You can start a challenge or get invited to a challenge, and I usually participate because I find that they motivate me get moving and log more steps than if I was just trying to hit my goal of 10,000 steps a day.

Shorts Weather

On Monday, I got to wear shorts.  As in, oh-my-god-it's-75-degrees-out shorts.  Yes, it was glorious.  While I was out for my walk, I noticed this sign on one of the courses I walk regularly: Caution High Coyote Activity April Through June.  Anyone know what you're supposed to do when you encounter a coyote?!

Chocolate

I have to include a photo of my current indulgence.  Because I'm keeping it real and I'm staying honest with myself, if nobody else.

My Next Read

Last week I mentioned that I was close to finishing Girl on the Train.  I wrapped up the book over the weekend...I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it, but I will say that the comparisons to Gone Girl cannot be justified.  

Anyhoo, now I need a new book to read.  Here are a few contenders.  Do you have any thoughts/recommendations?  Books not shown below that you feel I should consider?

What about you?  What randomness is making up your world these days?

9 comments:

  1. I have all 3 of those books on my to read list, I have heard great things about all of them! Omg, that box of truffles.Holy crap.

    Jen@jpabstfitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! Yeah I know truffles, so good. Thank god I have enough willpower to only eat one every other day or so. :-)

      Delete
  2. If you love truffles, check out the ones from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I miss having one close to me. Have you ever red Anita Diamant's other book The Red Tent? Great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought to check out the truffles at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory -- it seems like I'm always walking past one every other weekend, so I will go take a look next time. I've heard good stuff about Red Tent, I should add that to my list of books to read.

      Delete
  3. That chocolate looks amazing! :) Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super impressed with all the reading you're doing with a teeny one! Good job on your FitBit Challenge! Hope you pull ahead into first place! Yay shorts weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my teeny one is sleeping alot these days so I get alot of reading done during naptime.

      Delete
  5. I haven't done any fitbit challenges yet, but I'm definitely intrigued. The Girl on the Train is next on my reading list. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you have a good network of friends on Fitbit -- you need to have friends in order to set up challenges (you can invite one another). Let me know what you think of The Girl on the Train after you've read it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...