Thursday, March 12, 2015

Is Spring Here Yet?

The weather has taken a turn for the better -- it definitely feels like spring this week.  Of course, we're talking about March in Colorado -- anything could happen in the next two months -- last year, we got dumped with snow the day before Mother's Day, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm linking up today with Amanda from Running with Spoons.  On Thursdays she hosts this party called Thinking Out Loud and she shares 10 (sometimes less than 10) random thoughts for the week.  It's a fun place to just share what's on your mind.  Here's what I'm thinking these days with spring on the brain.


1. Tulips.  Every spring I love to bring home tulips and put them around the house.  The come in the most amazing colors and always bring a smile to my face.  I think I love tulips more than I love roses.


2. Sleep.  Why am I one of those persons who requires eight hours of sleep?  Whenever I hear about someone going to bed at 11pm and getting up at 5am to go to the gym or get out for a run, all I can think is, I'm so jealous!  What I could do with two extra hours a day!

3. Pedicures.  I'm due for a little treat with my feet.  Nothing says pampering like a pedicure.  The weather was awesome enough this week, I was able to wear flip flops during an errand!  I did notice my feet needed a little paint job.  I'm hoping to go next week!

4. Cooking.  I miss cooking.  I'm not saying I'm not cooking, I'm just not cooking as much.  Priorities, priorities.

5. Reading.  Speaking of priorities, I haven't been reading as much as I was reading before Baby O arrived, but I'm getting back to it.  A few snatches here and there.  I'm enjoying The Girl on the Train -- but I'm not done, so don't ruin the ending for me!

7. Crafting.  I don't know if you read my update on three months with the baby, but life is slowly returning back to "normal" (as normal as you can get with two small kids).  A sure sign of this is that I've been finding little pockets of time during Baby O's naps and working on one of my favorite hobbies: scrapbooking.  I'm determined to capture all the key moments in Baby O's first year:

 Do you have spring fever?  And what about sleep?  How many hours do you need?

10 comments:

  1. I stayed up late reading The Girl on the Train last night. It's taken me a little while to get really into it but I could barely put it down last night! I hope to finish it today :-) But then what to read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to get into it, too! It doesn't help that somebody made a comparison to Gone Girl. Talk about upping the bar. Good question, what to read after one finishes the Girl on the Train?!

      Delete
  2. I downloaded Girl on the Train, but haven't started it yet. It is one that I can't wait to read. You will have to let me know what you think.

    I'm loving the awesome spring weather. Grilling out, running outside in shorts, and sitting on the porch at night to unwind. These are all things that I love about spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you're enjoying some awesome weather in your part of the world!! You sat on the porch last night?! Whaaa ?! I'm super jealous now. :-)

      I remember you had a list of books that you posted about a few weeks ago... I think I may have to tackle What Alice Forgot if nothing else comes up...

      Delete
  3. Sorry -- I'm one of those people that function really well on anything from 5-6 hours of sleep. In fact, if I get any more than that, I just feel groggy. And I seriously can't wait for spring to get here! I'm trying not to hold my breath since we usually get another dump of snow in April, but this winter has been pretty easy on us so hopefully it's over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! See what I mean! If you get more than 5-6 hours you actually feel worse! Why couldn't I be blessed with that "problem". Sigh...

      Well enjoy your trip to Hawaii. I'm sure we'll see some awesome posts about it in the near future!

      Delete
  4. Pretty page for Baby O :)
    I am sleeper, I need like 10 hours, but only get it a few nights a week. I can get bay on 7 or 8. I struggle if I go to bed late. I love weekends - no alarm!
    You deserve a break from cooking every so often :)
    The warmth has been delightful here, I try to savor it before it gets super humid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on the scrapbook page.

      Yay! Another person who needs lots of sleep. I don't think I need 10, but 8 is perfect. I've tested it.

      Delete
  5. Love that scrapbook page! I have had such little time to scrapbook since I have had the kids. I usually only do it twice a year when I go away for scrapbook weekends with my girlfriends. Hopefully, someday I can pull out my stuff more frequently!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Scrapbooking weekends with girlfriends is lots of fun, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...