Thursday, April 16, 2015

Loving Life Again

Okay, things have been a little too serious here on SuperSmartMama.  Thank you blogger friends for stopping by and letting me know that it's okay to have my case of motherhood blues!  I realized I've been taking life a little too seriously.  I spent the morning laughing at myself for stressing so much.

And so...life is on the up and up again.

I'm in such a giddy mood that I've decided I'm going ahead with a late morning post and joining up with Amanda and her Thinking Out Loud party.  If you've never checked it out, give it a try...it's a fun party of randomness, which is exactly what I need on this unexpected snowy day here in Denver.

Here's my morning view.  I'm actually welcoming this lovely snow in late April because it's making it feel super cozy in the house right now.


Thank goodness for sisters!  My sister's been bumming at work lately and I've been bumming at home.  We text often and this morning we exchanged the following.  Great minds think alike!

New clothes to perk me up.  Earlier this week (when it WASN'T snowing) I put on my new jeans and shoes.  I love these heels but guess what?!  I'm getting old...I can't wear these 2.5" heels for more than an hour or two if I'm doing any significant walking.

And...a new haircut!  The haircut was scheduled long ago before I knew I was going to have a disastrous week, but getting my haircut was the very thing I needed this past weekend to pick me up.  Excuse the no makeup look -- yes, I am comfortable enough with my stylist that I show up without any makeup on and I never get judged!

Are you loving life right now?  Up or down?

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the heels! I used to be able to wear them all night and not feel a thing, but now? I max out after a few hours and all I want to do is get.them.OFF. Love the look of the jeans and the shoes though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a slave to fashion for so many years. I think I wore high heels every day to work through my entire 20s. Now I value comfort over appearance. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. Very cute shoes! I have stopped wearing heels in the past few years, they just seem to hurt more. How did I wear them for hours before?!
    Up and down is part of life :) Glad you feel less stressed.
    Your hair is beautiful! Love the style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm asking myself. Heels for 10-12 hours a day during the week. Heels on the subway. Craziness.

      Delete
  3. Loving life and those awesome shoes you have on! I never did like wearing heels. so its a good thing I am a nurse and don't ever have to dress up for work! Your haircut looks great also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy, thanks for stopping by! I'm sure as a nurse, you know what shoes LOOK good and FEEL good.

      Delete
  4. Your haircut looks great! I like your bangs and the length. I just happened to trim my hair today and it worked out okay... I won't need to go right in and have a real hair cutter fix them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the tricky thing about bangs, right? They require a bit of maintenance. But I've always found bangs to be worth the extra upkeep.

      Delete
  5. Glad you're feeling better and on the up and up again :) Your hair is on point!! And those shoes are amazing. I sadly have never been able to wear heels properly, and even now the teeny tiniest of heels makes my feet ache for days ... Meanwhile the Dutch girls rock them EVERYWHERE and for any length of time. How??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie, thanks for saying hi. I have been loving ALL your photos of Utrecht on IG. It is so beautiful there in the spring.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...