Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Motherhood Right Now


Happy Tuesday!

Some days I wake up and ask myself, What?!  Whose kids are these?!  If you had asked my twenty-something-self about kids I would have told you no way am I going to be a parent...  But here we are:


I love that parenthood means that every day is new adventure.  There are the good days and there are the bad days, and I wouldn't trade a single one for life without kids.  Here's motherhood for me right now:

Toddlers don't nap.  Big brother does not want to nap anymore.  At least that's what he insists.  He stopped napping at daycare about two months ago, but he will still nap at home on the weekends (ok, most weekends).  This past Sunday, he got up out of his bed every fifteen minutes asking if "resting time" was over.  I finally gave up and took him to the library and during the fifteen minute drive over, this happened:

Babies nap anywhere.  On the other hand, Baby O will nap anywhere, including in her carrier while we're shopping.  I love it!  I can get some steps in while I get my fashion fix.  Hooray.

I LOOOOOVE the grocery store.  I had one of those you-know-you're-a-mother-when moments when I was at the grocery store all alone this weekend.  No carseat to lug over to the shopping cart.  No toddler pulling at my arm Can I have a movie, mama?  Just me and my shopping list.  Bliss.

Our weekend "hikes" require two strollers.  Living in Colorado we have so many great places to hike.  Unfortunately, we have to currently stick to hiking where we can push our strollers...

The potty "battle" that never ends.  What is it about toddlers NOT wanting to go use the bathroom?  My son will do the potty dance all around the house and insist that he does not have to use the bathroom.  As soon as we have to go somewhere, we get in the car, and five minutes later I hear Mama, I neeeeed to go potty.

It's crazy to think that in a couple of months, when Baby O can sit up in a high chair, as she learns to eat solids, life will change again.  By that time, my toddler will be four years old and I'm sure he will change in unexpected ways and life with these two will be a completely different experience.

Is there something about your life now that you never imagined you'd be doing?  Or are you a member of the "never say never" party?

8 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at the picture of your son passed out in the back seat!! And baby O's hair is amazing!
    I guess I likely never imaginers five years ago that I'd a) move across the ocean for a guy and b) own a house by the time I was 25, but for some reason these things just don't see that weird to me anymore! Definitely the effects of time :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie I think it is amazing that you moved to the Netherlands. I love seeing people pursue what might be unimaginable to others...

      Delete
  2. I didn't see myself having kids either. It was just such a scary idea to me. But here I am.. lol and I'm sure in a few years I'll be in the same boat as you - toddler and baby, and crazy fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy but it is fun! I definitely recommend it: toddler AND baby.

      Delete
  3. My 8 year old still does the potty dance! I don't understand it at all, it is such an uncomfortable feeling! Just go and get it over with!! Gotta love when the decide they don't need to nap anymore, what I wouldn't give for a nap sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh NO!! Seriously? I need to go on Pinterest and find some tips from other mamas on how to get around this potty dance. My son had not one but TWO accidents yesterday because he put off going to the bathroom for too long.

      Delete
  4. HA! Yes! You know you're a mama when you love grocery shopping by yourself... it's like a mini-vacation!

    I sobbed when I realized my youngest wasn't going to nap again. I miss that peaceful time in the middle of the day!

    Beautiful pictures.

    Wishing you a lovely evening.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only other mamas can understand how going to the grocery store by yourself IS a vacation. Sad, but true. I'm sure I will be sad when nap time is no longer for both kids. Ironically, as I get further into motherhood, the more I need my afternoon nap.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...