I am looking forward to the weekend. There has been so much going on lately. Between the THREE hospital appointments for Baby O this week and all the contractors coming by to work on the house (a fresh coat of paint, getting the sprinklers un-winterized, and a new roof!) I've barely had a moment to myself this week.
It's time to sit down with a cup of coffee and just chat about nothing in particular. I'm linking up with Amanda to shoot the breeze and just share what's on my mind when I'm decompressing...
1. I'm usually a fairly clean eater but lately, I've been craving donuts. Maybe my body is telling me something? Like I need more carbs?
2. For the first time ever, we conducted a full-blown spring cleaning. We've only lived in this house for about two years but we really needed to go through all our belongings and just get rid of stuff. I even went through the kitchen and ended up cleaning out my spice collection. I just removed a few odd spices that I've only used once or twice like ground allspice and Chinese five spice (I've learned I really don't like Chinese five spice).
3. We've finally found a solution to eating dinner at home. I was really struggling with the challenge of going grocery shopping, prepping dinner, and then cooking it. I thought I hated all of it, but with our second week of Blue Apron, I've learned something about myself. Apparently, I don't mind cooking and cleanup all that much if someone else does the grocery shopping. And it doesn't hurt if the food is super delicious. Points to Blue Apron for introducing me to new foods like hominy and spring pea tips.
4. I'm looking for a few new statement necklaces. I'm thinking about getting at least one of these:
5. I'm excited to try one of my Mother's Day's gifts: some amazing smelling bath products from Lush. Have you even tried anything from Lush that you'd recommend?
6. After having a baby, I was excited when I started walking in February. By March, I was starting to run a bit, too. Unfortunately, I had to put a hold on my running progress. I have plans to start running again, but not soon enough, because I have a 5K that I'm supposed to run this Saturday. Although I'm not ready to run it, I am still planning on going and I'll probably walk it. Both my husband and I are signed up, so he'll take one kid and I'll take the other. It's a good thing we have two jogger strollers.
Have you done any spring cleaning? Do you like going grocery shopping? Are you doing any shopping to spruce up your wardrobe?