Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pampering: Mamastyle

I have never been much of a beauty / skincare person.  For the longest time, my beauty routine has almost always been foundation, powder, mascara, and eyeliner.  At night, a good makeup remover and moisturizer at night.  That's it.

As I've gotten older, I've found myself looking for a few products now and again to help me feel pampered.  Now that I'm a mom, there's not much free time to get out to the day spa so I try to get some pampering done at home.

Now that Baby O is five months old, I've had more free time to do normal things like shower and blow dry my hair which is wonderful.  My husband has also been encouraging me to get out of the house on the weekends to go get a mani/pedi.  I recently took it one step further and ordered a few new beauty/makeup products for myself.


Who doesn't love getting a box full of beauty products delivered right to their doorstep?  A recently delivery included: a new night cream from First Aid Beauty, a starter complexion kit from bareMinerals, and a few other little goodies...

Because I spent a good number of dollars, I scored a few free beauty product samples (which I got to choose!):

So far, I'm loving the night cream, which I've added to my collection of products I use regularly.  I have a night cream (First Aid Beauty), a day cream (Murad), and I like to wear an oil-control mattifier (Murad) under my foundation.  I also count on my Neutrogena makeup remover and Deborah Lippmann nail polish.

For makeup, I'm pretty much devoted to Bobbi Brown.  My day-to-day makeup routine has grown a bit more complicated: concealer, foundation, powder, cream eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blush.  The only item that isn't from Bobbi Brown is my mascara: I love love love Dior's Diorshow in black.

In just the last few years, I've finally been brave enough to wear perfume.  I've always been afraid to be THAT woman who is wearing too much scent and leaves a trail behind her.  I've gotten over that fear and have bought a few new perfumes in the last couple of years.  This is my latest find.  It's not too heavy and perfect for date night or when I want to feel sophisticated (and forget about my daytime uniform of yoga pants and spit up).

I'm sharing today's post with Amanda and her lovely Thursday series Thinking Out Loud.

Do you have a skincare/beauty routine?  What are your thoughts on makeup and perfume?  (I envy those who don't need makeup!)

8 comments:

  1. I've always been a huge beauty junkie... And not because I feel insecure without it, but because I like to pamper myself. I've definitely started to put a little more attention into my skincare routine now that I'm older, and I swear that the process of taking off my makeup at night is one of the things that helps put me into the sleep mind frame lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the days when I was sometimes too lazy to take my makeup off at night (gasp!) so I'm totally with you on makeup removal being one of those things that puts me in the sleep mindframe.

      Delete
  2. I also envy people who don't need makeup! I look like I'm about 12 when I'm bare faced, so I wear it at work so I'm taken seriously! Love these products you got, especially the First Aid Beauty cream! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time when I had to wear makeup so that I didn't look like I was a pre-pubescent teen. Ha! Now I'm at the other end of the spectrum: I have to wear makeup so I don't look like I haven't slept in days.

      Delete
  3. I love beauty products and it can be borderline addictive! There's always a pretty new colour of blush or a new skin care product that I just HAVE to try.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop)!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying that new blush or skin care product -- my way of pampering at home.

      Delete
  4. I am with you, I envy someone who doesn't need it. I use Clarin's foundation and sometimes Arbonne foundation. I like Estee Lauder powder for shine. I use Jason's body wash and lotion, or Kiss MY Face lotion.
    I have never tried bare minerals! I always wondered about it.
    Oh, I recently tried Neutrogena's shampoo and conditioner and love it. I am sucker for Bath and Body Works Pumpkin spice body spray. It's seasonal, so I am almost out now. I buy a few bottles in the Fall. I don't usually buy real cologne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wondering about the Jason products and the Kiss My Face products! Items on my wish list!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...